Museums & Galleries
In the following, you will find a presentation of the museums and galleries in Aschaffenburg. The calendar of events will keep you informed about the art exhibitions carried out in the following months.
Museums of the city of Aschaffenburg
The city of Aschaffenburg runs seven museums and exhibition halls in total:
- Municipal part of the Schlossmuseum
- Museum and treasury of the collegiate foundation
- Art gallery at the Jesuit church
- Natural-scientific museum
- Exhibition hall of contemporary arts KunstLANDing
- Museum of Jewish history and culture
- Exhibitions in the house of Anton Gentil "Gentil-Haus"
Municipal and collegiate archiveThe municipal and collegiate archive is located in the palace Schönborner Hof. The exhibitions and presentations taking place at this location provide diverse information on subjects of town and cultural history.
Castle Schloss JohannisburgIn the Schloss Johannisburg, you can visit the living space of the prince equipped with neoclassical furniture, a gallery of paintings including works of Lucas Cranach the Elder, as well as the world's largest collection of architectural models made of cork, amongst others.
Roman style museum PompejanumThe wall paintings and mosaic floors of the colourful rooms of the Pompejanum have been created according to classical models. They create the appropriate setting for Roman works of art from the state.