Infrastructure / Airport
The city of Aschaffenburg is situated within one of the most important traffic junctions of Germany and thereby is integrated into the European main road network and main railway system.
The international major airport FrankfurtRheinMain at a distance of approx. 40km can be reached via the motorway Autobahn A3.
Traffic infrastructure at a glance:
- Airport Frankfurt Main (40 km)
- Public airfield Aschaffenburg - Großostheim (10 km)
- Motorways A3 and A 45
- Major roads (Bundesstraße) B8, B26 and the B469 which is similar to a motorway
- ICE - halt Aschaffenburg on the railway line Rheinland - Frankfurt - Munich - Vienna
- Federal waterway Main
- Port of Aschaffenburg with container terminal