Infrastructure / Airport
Aschaffenburg is an innovative high-tech, service and consulting location which functions as a logistic hub.
Not only the automotive industry focussing on vehicle safety is operating in Aschaffenburg, but also one of the leading global manufacturers of forklift trucks and devices for storage technology, being one of the most important manufacturers of hydrostatic drives at the same time.
The small and medium sized enterprises are the backbone of the corporate landscape in Aschaffenburg next to the international large businesses. Crafts and local trade still are very important for the economic development of the city of Aschaffenburg.
- a total of more than 6,000 companies
- nearly 58,000 employed persons
- industrial core
- level of tertiarisation of 70 %
- more than 900 independent crafts enterprises
- high investment ratio of the local companies